CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 18, 2021

Korean Dramas explanation

 Warning:  This will be a long post!


During the summer, I decided to watch a Korean drama, just to see what all the fuss what about.  The secretary at my school watches them and I thought I would try it.  The first one I watched was "Crash Landing on You", which I didn't watch completely but then watched the last episode and saw the semi-happy ending.  I know I should have watched the whole thing, and maybe at some point, I will.  

The second one I watched was "Cinderella and the Four Knights".  I thought it was adorable.  That was when I found other neighbors who also love them and I got recommendations from them and I was "off to the races".

I found this Kdrama blog who mentions her criteria for watching and reporting on the dramas.  I found that my criteria is fairly similar to hers, so I thought I would start with hers and adjust it. 

https://kdramahappyendingaddict.home.blog/2019/02/13/who-is-the-kdrama-happy-ending-addict/#more-9

A few things about me:

  • I watch only Korean Dramas. 
  • I’m a Happy Ending Addict. Seriously, I don't want to get invested unless there is a happy ending.  I watch Kdramas to escape, so I want to end smiling!
  • Also important: the characters need to be good people.  They can be flawed but need to grow and change.  Also, I don't like bad language, violence, or gratuitous sex, which is actually why I started watching Korean dramas in the first place.  If I watch something violent, I just fast forward through it.
  • I only watch one drama at a time, binging through it from start to end before starting a new one.

  • I focus on Romance dramas. They might be other genres as long as they have a romance element I enjoy.

  • I am watching older and newer dramas. I do not watch dramas still airing, because I like to binge watch the whole season in one go. 

0 comments: