CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Our Family's "Theme" Songs!

When I think of my mom, I think of "Dearest Children, God is Near You" because she sometimes sang it to us at bedtime. I now sing it to my children as I tickle them. When I sing Dearest Children, I sing their name instead of "children". I should also add that my mom would probably not consider this "her" song. Songs that would mean more to her would have something to do with rainbows!



The song I associate with my dad, and that has become one of my very favorite hymns, is "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy". The words to this hymn are so meaningful. I can remember when my dad came home from a priesthood meeting and realized he could sing. I think of him singing his heart out to this hymn.







Our Whole family- Love Will Keep Us Together by Captain and Tennille


Kevin and Amy- I'll Still Be Loving You by Restless Heart



Casey- Baby, Baby by Amy Grant












(I love this song and besides being Casey's specific song it is also all of my children's collectively. I love how it captures that excitement and joy over being a mother!)



Courtney- Callin' Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks






(Not a typical song for love of a child but I think it captures her exuberance for life. I also love this photo of her!)



Ashley- Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce









(Mellow and meaningful just like Ashley. This was playing on the radio on the way to the hospital to have her!)




Abby- Can't Smile Without You by Barry Manilow




(Kevin hates Barry Manilow so I tried to find another song but this one is perfect for Abby! What would we do without her?!)

0 comments: